samedi 14 juillet 2007

Gigi's business card --first drafts. Work in progress





Gigi, HERE ARE TWO BUSINESS CARDS. I did more. But was not happy with them. I chose an orange brown because classy, grounded and deep like you! I decided to play with FR>EN although it was the subtitle of your own design. I made it the name of your "company". Let me know if you like them. And don't forget to brief me. I design blind.
PS: I now understand your choice of fleur de lys for the card you designed!

4 commentaires:

Katerina a dit…

i like the top one and the last.
In the top one I am not happy with lower type, it is tooo tall in my opinion

dilhan kushan a dit…

I prefer the first one. I like the use of ">" as part of the logo, although I don't know how you are supposed to read it. but I think there are too many things going on overall. I feel that the hierarchy of information could be improved. it would also improve the design if you pushed the swashes more to the back by adjusting the color--currently, they are too prominent and interfering with the information. I like your reasoning about the color choice, but the color should define the business, not the person. are classiness, groundedness and deepness qualities expected from a company that provides translation services?

ifit a dit…

These are interesting. Try them without the drop shadow. Try without centering the type.

............................ a dit…

these are coming along.

keep all versions for your portfolio.

keep working on the them when you have the inspiration.